Part-Time Evening Shift RA
- Part Time
2:30 PM - 10:00 PM
The Resident Assistant is responsible for attending to resident care needs and resident's well being.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Answer the resident call system in a timely manner (less than 5 minutes).
• Daily internal contacts with the RN, LPN, and Nurse-Manager. Read daily communication log.
• Responsible for attending to all care needs of the residents in their assigned sections, either scheduled or as they arise.
• Set-up tables in preparation for meals.
• Assist with serving meals by bringing residents into the dining room. Serve drinks and food to the residents. Verbally cue residents requiring assistance.
• Assist with clean-up following meals, including clearing dishes off the tables and taking to the kitchen, wipe down tables,,and pick up food from the floor by vacuuming or sweeping.
• Collect garbage from assigned resident apartments daily. Immediately remove incontinent supplies that are wet or soiled. Take garbage to the dumpster as needed and at least one time per shift.
• Assist with activities as requested or assigned. If assigned activities, request information and supplies from Activity Director. If not assigned activities but care needs of residents are met, assist Activity Director as requested. Follow schedule and related directions.
• Chart any unusual incident or information needing to be passed on to the RN, LPN, or Nurse-Manager. Chart any medical information, incidents, or concerns pertaining to those residents in your care. Chart vital signs taken during your shift on any resident in the resident's vital sheet. Report any changes in resident needs or conditions to Nurse-Manager. Report any tasks needing to be passed on or followed through to off-going and on-coming shifts.
• Report any emergencies to the Nurse-Manager. Minor and non-emergency changes should be reported to the RN, LPN, or Nurse-Manager. Family concerns expressed must be immediately reported to the Nurse-Manager.
• Knowledge of proper transfer techniques and body mechanics to transfer residents with appropriate assistance (gait belt).
• Housekeeping duties for common areas including, but not limited to, vacuuming, dusting, straightening up, wiping down tables and chairs, clean bathrooms, replace paper towels and toilet tissue, clean activity room, med room and utility by straightening up, vacuum or mop floor and dust.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
• Daily contact with residents, families, RN, LPN, and Nurse-Manager.
• External contacts include appropriate contacts with residents' families and prospective residents.
• Well groomed, cheerful and enthusiastic.
• Age 18 or older.
• Enjoys working with the elderly.
• Able to perform frequent lifting of less than or equal to 50 lbs.
• Occasionally lifting more than 50 lbs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• 18 years of age..
• Certified Nurse Aide certificate helpful.
• Starting wage depending on experience and education.