- Part Time
2-3 days/week -- Day Shift
The Cook is responsible for the preparation and service of nutritious meals. The Cook is also responsible for the supervision of all food service personnel in the absence of the Food Service Supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares and serves foods indicated on planned menus, following standardized recipes and diet manual guidelines, using standard portion sizes, making substitutions only with prior approval.
• Prepare foods according to prescribed sanitation standards.
• Responsible for serving meals at scheduled times, planning and organizing food preparation appropriately.
• Performs routine record keeping duties, to assist with compilation of department reports.
• Performs clean-up duties as needed for each meal service.
• Uses equipment and materials carefully, and in a safe manner, following correct operation and cleaning procedures.
• Follows cleaning schedules and sanitation checklists.
• Check and record freezer and refrigerator temperatures.
• Reports all repair and maintenance needs to supervisor.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Enjoys working with the elderly.
• Able to handle complaints graciously.
• Able to take correction maturely.
• Ability to supervise food service personnel.
• Experience in operating kitchen equipment: commercial steamer, convection oven, standard gas or electric range and grill, meat slicer, mixer/grinder, commercial dishwasher, cooking utensils, etc.
EDUCATION: High School
EXPERIENCE: Prefer a minimum of three years' experience in preparing meals on a regular basis for a large group.
REFERENCES: Must demonstrate successful employment as a cook.